UWhen I first heard about eating a meal with your hands, I never really had the desire to go to Medieval Times. I was only too happy to let Paul take Ty when he was little, never knowing exactly what I was missing.
Last year, I went to Medieval Times for the first time and I was BLOWN away! It was such much more than I ever thought. My boys loved it and kept asking us to go back to cheer on the Knights! Luckily, we had the opportunity to take my parents to Medieval Times on the weekend and we are all STILL talking about the experience we had!
We all raved about the experience all the way home, as I also replied to friends on social media. Many of them had never been but always wanted to take their kids. Since they all had similar questions, I wanted to share what I learned, with my readers. If you have never gone to Medieval Times, be sure to read these Top 5 reasons to take your families. If you’ve been before, check below for the latest promotions and a giveaway so you can go back to the Castle and make more memories together!
Here’s our family’s Top 5 Reasons to go to Medieval Times;
5. The show is non-stop entertainment. Similar to other dining theatres in that you eat while you watch but what sets this show about is that it is non-stop. From the King and Princess storyline to the falconer, there are several shows that make up the entire experience. Expect almost two hours of jousting, swordsmanship, thrilling hand-to-hand combat, displays of extraordinary horsemanship and falconry as part of an exciting yet touching story set in Medieval Spain.
4. You will leave with a very full stomach. The first time I went, I wasn’t expecting much of a meal, as I thought it was all about the show. I was very wrong. The food is incredible as all Medieval Times’ noble guests feast on roast chicken, spare ribs, herb-crusted potatoes, garlic bread and dragon blood soup (tomato bisque), and apple pastry, bottomless pop and coffee or tea. A cash bar with Castle-themed drinks, beer or wine is also in the arena. Don’t worry if you are a vegetarian, they have a meal for you too! I assure you, this experience has as much to do with a great meal as it does with an entertaining show!
3. The staff are incredible. Lovers of all things Medieval, the staff are truly in character throughout your visit. From the costumes to the British accents, you will truly feel transformed to a time long ago. Be sure to remember to tip your server (Wench) with what you think is fair for their hard work (approximately $5-$10 per person). My boys (and hubby) thought that calling “Hey Wench” to the server was pretty cool too!
2. There is so much more to do than just watch the show! The Castle doors open 75 minutes before the show time on your tickets and you will want every minute of that to explore the Castle and be sure to get the best seats (unless you upgrade, which I highly recommend!). Kids celebrating a birthday or milestone can have their own Knighting ceremony in the main court, you can explore the Torture Chamber (an additional $2 each but worth it), visit the majestic horses, explore the sword and shield collections, buy some souvenirs at the gift counters or have a special Castle cocktail as you wait for the doors to open! Be sure to join their email “King’s Court” club so that you can receive a free birthday admission for a child, during their birthday week.
1. Making family memories you will never forget. You just can’t put a price tag on these types of experiences with kids or even grandparents. Seeing our sons mesmerized by the entertainment is something I will always remember. Watching Ty explain what was coming next to his Poppa or even Jayden sitting next to his Nana while she got the ‘Queen of the Tournament’ sash from the Green Knight was a moment neither one will forget.
Special Offers this February
Let’s fill the pantry! Receive 50% off an Adult admission when you bring a non-perishable food item.What a great way to give back AND have a wonderful family experience! Code: FOODWEB
Receive $20off Adult Admission and $10off Child (12 and under) Admission when you use the code FEBWEB15